Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Top 24 Are Selected...

Before I get into the meat and potatoes of my first ever post, I first want to apologize for the state of this blog.  This is my first attempt at this so bear with me as this site is very much under construction.  You will see many changes as the weeks go by and hopefully, all those changes will be for the better.  If anyone has any suggestions as to layout, content, colors, etc, please feel free to let me know!

Second, you can all thank David M. for suggesting that the format for this entertaining little contest shift from e-mail to the world of blogs.  I'll be honest and say that it is a great idea but one that I am not entirely comfortable with.  But with that being said, I'm going to do it anyway.  I will however attempt to keep my true identity hidden as I do not want to endanger my current employment or any future employment opportunities that may come along.  As you are all aware, I have a particularly irreverent/sarcastic/offbeat sense of humor; I am not shy about saying exactly what's on my mind; I sometimes forget to engage my filter or censor my language and let a few obsenities fly; and I may, from time to time, write something that could be deemend offensive by the PC police even though it is hilarious (even if it's just hilarious to me!).  So, please do your best to not let slip my true identity and I will do my best not to post your home address, telephone number, social security number, or incriminating photos of you if you do.
 -- "The Moderator"

Okay now that the house keeping items are out of the way I can dive head first into the world of blogging and pray that I don't accidently land in the shallow end and break my neck.

This is the maiden post of the AG Idol 2010 contest. 

To recap 2009, Kristen M. is the returning/defending champion from last year having narrowly unseated me, "The Moderator," as champion.  I know nobody cares about who came in second but it's my blog so I'm reminding you all.

So far this year we have seen what the landscape looks like minus Paula Abdul and it's not as frightening as one might have thought.  We still have Randy (I only know four phrases) Jackson, Kara (Nobody likes me including several of the guest judges) DioGuardi and Simon (I'm boded with doing this show and want to do something completely different so I'm leaving to start a new show that's exactly like this one) Cowell to annoy and entertain us.  But this year we have been gifted with the presence of Ellen Degeneres.  While she has only been on the show since Hollywood Week and the editing has been lousy, Ellen seems to be fitting right in and to me, has been a refreshing addition to the show.  As far as the rumors of potential Simon replacements, I am choosing not to engage them at this time.

The weeks since the show came back on the air have been filled with some truely horrific auditions; far too many people who appear to have escaped from local psych wards; several touching stories;  many brilliant performances; a smattering of guest judges - some good (Posh, NPH, Shania) and some not so good (Aviril, Mary J. and Joe JoBro) and one ugly dude in a bikini. 

Hollywood Week has seen several of the promising performers we saw in the audition cities absolutely fall apart under the pressure of Hollywood Week and get sent packing for simply forgetting their lyrics, choosing a terrible song and performing it off key or choosing to perform a song with so many lyrics that they simply mumbled until they got to the word refridgerator.  It happens every year and still they don't seem to learn.

So who makes it to the top 24?  Tune in tonight at 8pm for the 2 hour episode to see if your favorive makes it.

One final note.  Please feel free to provide me with suggestions on all facets of this blog as I would like to make the whole expericnce enjoyable for everyone.

Thanks.

"The Moderator"

  

3 comments:

  1. Sweeeet blogspot. I can't wait to start this up again!! Also, hopefully I will be out of this jury duty by next week so I can get my life back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Eric!! Thanks to this blog and your creative juices, this is going to be our best Idol season yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty cool but I have no idea how to use it. Which profile do I pick?

    ReplyDelete