Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ladies First!

Tonight.  Tonight.  The Top 12 Girls sing tonight -- just be glad that I didn't add that as a wav file because I could have.  Where was I?  Oh yeah, the moment that American Idol fans the world over have been waiting for has finally arrived.  The start of another Idol voting season and the end of quality sleep as we know it.  If any of you watch The Ellen DeGeneres's show you know that she is on a quest for World Domination.  Therefore, it is only fitting that she is now on Idol as they will be dominating the television schedule for the next however many weeks until they wittle the contestants down to the Top 12.  So is everyone prepared for 2 hours of Idol tonight?  2 hours of Idol tomorrow night? And 1 hour on Thursday?  I sure hope so because your success in this contest depends on your watching every single second of Idol programming right up until the May sweeps and the final episode.  I should also remind everyone to recharge their cell phones; make sure their cable and telephone (do people even have landlines anymore?) bills have ben paid; stretch their dialing fingers and texting thumbs - we don't want any injuries; and stock up on their favorite snacks and beverages (Vitamin Water Zero anyone???;  Scotch?  Red Bull?) to get them through the 2 hours; and for those who won't be watching live, please remember to set your DVR's and Tivo's to run a few extra minutes long to ensure that you catch the whole show.  On a side note, no 19 TV/Fox is not paying me to pimp their show but perhaps they will see this blog and love me so much that I will be the next American Idol judge!!!   But I digress......

Back to Ellen's show for a moment.  Did anyone catch Angela Martin's appearance on Friday?  Well, for those who had not heard, Ellen had Angela on her show and after she sang, Ellen told her that Kara was writing a song for her and that it would be rofessionally recorded.  On top of that, Kara/AI is going to help her get a recording contract.  I guess that they really felt bad for not putting her throught to the Top 24 since it was her last chance.  Good for Angela I say because she can really sing.

Now to tonight's show.  I have heard rumors that the theme is Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 songs form any week in any year so brace yourselves because there are so many amazing songs on that list that could potentially be butchered or reinterpreted in new and cool ways.  And as always, be prepared for several contestants to play it safe and manage to bore the pants off your grandmother.

On that note I will leave you all until tomorrow when I will provide my take on the Top 12 Girl's performances.

"The Moderator"

No comments:

Post a Comment