Monday, April 26, 2010

I Don't Know What The Heck Happened.....

I have no doubt that everyone has been wondering what happened to last weeks vote and Idol Gives Back posts as they never appeared on the blog.  I am basing this on the numerous e-mailes I received.....oh the sarcasm!  Here's the deal.  I have no idea what happened to the votes post last Wednesday night.  I drafed it and posted it (right after receiving last minute votes from Kristen and Betty) or at least I thought I posted it because I got a "Post Was Successful" message when I hit "POST."  Well, much to my surprise, the next time I logged in, I discovered that it didn't actually post.  So my apologizes. 

As for the recap post of Idol Gives Back......I decided to "give back" to myself and not force myself to relive what turned out to be 2 and a half of the most mind numbing and excruciatingly painful hours of my existance.  I would prefer to just block out the experience altogether if you don't mind.

So, where does that leave us?  Good question.  Only 3 people (Emily, Scott and I) guessed correctly that Teflon Tim or Turban if you prefer, was the lowest vote getter after "Inspirational Songs" week.  I can only  speak for myself when I say it was a total guess.  I struggled mightly with my decision.  I poured over my notes and agonized over whether it would in fact be Aaron or Casey to go instead.  When that didn't lead me to the answer, I decided to listen to some Paula Abdul on Pandora to see if the wise and all knowing Ms. Abdul could provide me with insight or enlightment.  Alas, that too was a dead end and only gave me a headache.  Next I decide to try a coin flip but quickly realized that with three potential victims I'd need a three sided coin.....so that was out.  I had no where else to turn and I was running out of time so I went to the one place that I knew would have the answers that I sought -- no, not a bottle of tequila or pills -- I just asked myself, WWSD.  That's right!  What Would Simon Do?  And it hit me like a bolf of lightening.  And I had my choice.  It was that simple in the end.

So without further ado...... 

Current Standings (with who we picked to go home)


Eric -- 15 (Tim)
Betty -- 11 (Casey)
Scott -- 11 (Tim)
Emily -- 11 (Tim)
Yolanda -- 10 (No Vote)
Kristen -- 8 (Aaron)
Mary M. --8 (Siobhan)
Lois -- 8 (Aaron)
April -- 8 (Siobhan)
David -- 6 (Siobhan)
Jon -- 6 (No Vote)
Jeff -- 5 (Aaron)
Shannon -- 4 (Aaron)
Mary W. -- 1 (Aaron)
Margret -- 0 (No Vote)

Tomorrow night the remaining contestants will receive mentoring from Shania Twain which should be spot on since they will be singing her songs.  Really Idol?  What's next, Kara DioGuardi week?

Can't wait for this season the end.....
  

1 comment:

  1. I hope nobody is bothering you about your posts! I'm not sure anybody but you and I write on this thing anyhow. And surely no one else would ever volunteer to do what you do every week as entertainment for us. I dare someone else to step up to the plate, I dare ya!

    ReplyDelete